What makes Carrot Juice so nutritious is that it contains a large amount of beta-carotene, vitamins and potassium in it.
- Improves Immunity And Controls Heart Diseases: Beta-carotene makes it a rich source of vitamin A. It also helps improve the immune system. The abundance of vitamin A in carrot juice can help improve your sight and the daily intake can prevent the onset of heart diseases and strokes (1). Vitamin A in addition keeps the lining of the internal organs healthy in order to prevent it from being infected by pathogenic organisms.
- Reduces Cholesterol: Here comes an amazing benefit of carrot juice. The potassium present in carrot juice can reduce cholesterol levels. It is good for the liver as it reduces fat and bile in it. Potassium, along with manganese and magnesium stabilizes blood sugar level, thus helping to reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Aids In Clotting Of Blood: Vitamin K present in carrot juice helps blood to clot.
- Heals External Wounds And Gums: Vitamin C helps to heal wounds and keeps the gums healthy.
- Prevents Cancer: It also acts like an anti-cancer agent. Increased intake of carotenoids in carrot juice has been said to decrease instances of bladder, prostate, colon and breast cancer.
- Protein Building and Bone Health: Vitamin K, present in Carrot juice is essential for the protein building process in the body. It also helps in the binding of calcium that in turn leads to the faster healing of broken bones. Potassium present in carrot also helps to improve bone health.
- Cleanses the Liver: Carrot juice cleanses and detoxifies the liver. Toxins in the liver are released from the system and excreted after regular consumption of carrot juice. The bloodstream cannot rid the body of toxins and bile through the kidneys. This has to be ejected from the skin. Carrot juice aids this process and ensures harmful bile is removed from the body. When the liver functions well, it prevents the accumulation of fat and aids in its rapid digestion, preventing weight gain and obesity.
Beauty Benefits Of Carrot Juice:
But for the women, carrot juice is not just about good health, but also about looking beautiful. Beauty benefits include:
- Reduces Dryness And Scarring: Potassium helps reduce skin dryness and reduces scars and blemishes. It also gives life to your skin by improving the skin tone. It will also help improve hydration and thus keep your skin moisturized.
- Prevents Acne: Since it is high in essential oils, it also helps prevent acne by detoxifying your body (7).
- Source Of Vitamins Needed For Skin: This juice effectively acts as a vitamin supplement for your skin. It also contains so many healthy nutrients that it can reduce skin related problems like eczema which is caused by deficiency of vitamin A, dermatitis and rashes.
- Controls Sun Damage: The beta-carotenoids which help in photosynthesis in plants, help reduce sunburn and also increase the skin’s resistance towards sun damage.
- Fights Ageing: The beta-carotenoid when entering the body changes into vitamin A and reduces cell degeneration and thus slows down the aging of the body. It largely improves the amount of collagen in the skin and thus helps in maintaining elasticity and hence reducing the visible signs of aging like sagging skin and wrinkles, as collagen is what accumulates in our body and keeps it firm and healthy.
- Hair Care: It also increases hair growth.
- Nail Care: It also increases nail strength .
Carrot Juice For Prenatal Care: