From Lauren Bossi at Plant Based on a Budget
If you know me at all, you would know I am the biggest peanut butter lover. Most sweet recipes (even some savory ones too!) I create involve peanut butter in some way. When I make cookies, the first thing my friends ask is “is there peanut butter in these?” I swear the one time I excluded peanut butter from my sugar cookies people figured I was lying to them.
Back to these cookies though… seriously if you’re looking for a healthy version of your favorite peanut butter cookies, try this quick and easy recipe; you can even top ’em with chocolate drizzle to take it to the next level.
Enjoy! Hopefully, these cookies take your day from great to even (peanut) better!
- 1 and 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 9 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 4-8 Tbsp almond milk
- Combine dates, peanut butter and oats in a food processor until it becomes a grainy, almost sandy texture.
- Add in almond milk one tablespoon at a time until a thick dough forms.
- Roll into balls and press flat with a fork to form cookie shapes.
- Refrigerate to firm up and enjoy! (Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze to keep longer)