This article deals with different remedies to cure stomach bloating naturally and fast. Bloating and gas are common stomach problems. It is a condition in which the stomach feels full and gaseous. It may also be visibly inflamed or swollen. Stomach bloating is a common among adults. However, due to bad eating styles, even children’s are not untouched with this stomach problem. Stomach bloating can disrupt person’s ability to work. It is generally caused by constipation, swallowing air, weight gain, eating too fast, some medications and heartburn. These factors lead to cramps, pain, diarrhea, belching, shortness of breath and lower back pain. Nevertheless, it is not a chronic disease that cannot be treated. There are many remedies that can treat the bloating and gas problem. Read the article, to know about different remedies to cure stomach bloating.
Symptoms of Stomach Bloating:
- Chest Pain
- Shortness of breath
- A fast or even pulse
- Feeling dizzy
- Nausea or vomiting
- Bloody stools
Causes of Stomach Bloating:
- Swallowing air
- Weight gain
- Eating too fast
- Hormonal flux
- Some foods such as beans, lentils, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots and sweeteners.
Best Remedies to Cure Stomach Bloating:
1.) Avoid Gassy Fruits and Vegetables to Treat Stomach Bloating
Avoid foods which irritate your digestion and cause bloating. You can replace them with other healthy vegetables and fruits which help you in proper digestion. Avoid foods such as cabbage, pears, peaches, apples, onions, lettuce, beans, broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, since they lead to bloating.
2.) Ginger to Cure Stomach Bloating Naturally
Ginger is a herb that is used to reduce bloating and gas. It contains many active ingredients and the pungent compounds that reduce inflammation in the intestines and relax the muscles.
Steps to Use Ginger to Reduce Bloating and Gas Fast:
- Put 5 to 6 thin slices of ginger in a cup and pour boiling water into it.
- Cover the cup and allow it to steep for ten minutes.
- Mix a little honey and lemon juice in it and then drink it 3 times a day.
- Or you can eat 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger early in the morning with empty stomach.
3.) Pumpkin to Treat Stomach Bloating Fast
Eating pumpkin is an effective way to prevent flatulence as well as bloating. Pumpkin contains a high amount of potassium, vitamin A and fiber that helps in digestion.
Steps to Use Pumpkin to Get Rid of Stomach Bloating and Gas:
- Add 1 cup of pumpkin to your meals. It will help to create a smooth digestive flow and reduce gas and bloating.
- You can bake, steam or include it as an ingredient in your meals.
4.) Fennel Seeds to Cure Stomach Bloating and Gas
Fennel seeds are effective to treat digestive problems like stomach bloating due to their diuretic, carminative, anti-microbial and pain relieving properties. Fennel seeds help in relieving bloating by relaxing muscle spasms in the digestive tract.
Steps to Use Fennel Seeds to Prevent Bloating and Gas:
- Chew a few fennel seeds after having a meal.
- Add 1 tsp of fennel seeds to a cup of hot water.
- Cover it and allow it to steep for five to ten minutes.
- Strain the solution and have this tea 2 or 3 times a day.
5.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Stomach Bloating Naturally
Peppermint contains menthol oil which has anti-spasmodic effects on the smooth muscle of the digestive system. It helps in relieving spasms in the gall bladder, gastrointestinal system, and bile duct.
Steps to Use Peppermint to Reduce Bloating and Gas Fast:
- Chew fresh peppermint leaves to get relief from bloating.
- Another method is to steep a peppermint tea bag in hot water for ten minutes. Drink it 2 to 3 cups in a day.
6.) Chamomile Tea to Treat Stomach Bloating Fast
Chamomile tea is one of the effective ways to get relief from stomach bloating. This herbal tea has anti-inflammatory properties and anti-spasmodic and that can help to soothe the stomach.
Steps to Use Chamomile to Get Rid of Stomach Bloating:
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour it into a cup containing 1 chamomile tea bag.
- Cover and steep it for ten minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and add a little honey or lemon juice to it.
- Sip this herbal tea slowly.
- Have this tea 2 or 3 times a day between meals.
7.) Bananas to Cure Stomach Bloating Fast
Banana is a good source of fiber which helps in reducing stomach bloating and gas. It also contains potassium and a mineral that helps to regulate the fluid levels in your body and gives instant relief from bloating. Eating a banana on a regular basis helps to eliminate the stomach bloating. You can directly eat bananas and add them to fruit salads and desserts.
8.) Warm Lemon Water to Get Rid of Stomach Bloating
Drinking warm water is good for your health as it helps to remove harmful toxins from the body. It also keeps your body hydrated. Lemons are rich in vitamins B and C, proteins, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, riboflavin and carbohydrates that help in digestion.
Steps to Use Lemon Water to Get Relief from Stomach Bloating:
- Combining lemon and water can be beneficial for your digestive system.
- Drinking warm lemon water gives you relief from stomach gas and bloating.
9.) Anise to Cure Stomach Bloating Overnight
Anise has anti-spasmodic properties that help to relax your digestive tract. It also has carminative properties that help to expel gas build up and reduce stomach bloating. Drinking anise tea is the best way to obtain the beneficial effects.
Steps to Use Anise to Prevent Stomach Gas and Bloating:
- Prepare an anise tea by adding 1 tsp of anise to a cup of boiling water.
- Strain the tea and drink it 2 to 3 times a day for quick relief.
- Note: Pregnant women should not eat anise.
10.) Activated Charcoal to Cure Stomach Bloating Fast
Activated charcoal has holes that allow the air and water to pass due to its porous properties. Activated charcoal is available in the form of capsule, tablet and powder. These tablets can help to treat stomach bloating and gas.
Other Useful Tips to Prevent Bloating:
- Eat when you feel hungry.
- The gap between the first meal and second meal should be at least 3 hours.
- Chew properly while eating and do not talk while chewing.
- Don’t eat fruits after having a meal as it can produce gas and bloating.
- Before a meal, chewing a ginger slice with lemon is very effective and prevent bloating.
- You can also chew digestion stimulating spices such as cumin, black pepper, and ginger.
- Don’t drink cold while eating.
- Reduce the amount of salt in your meal.
- Do five minutes of deep abdominal breathing to get relief from bloating.
- Go for 30 minutes brisk walk daily to prevent stomach bloating.
- Add enzymes to heavy meals.