Vegan Roasted Vegetables are a crowd-pleasing plant-based entree or side dish. Smother with plenty of Lemon-Ginger Tahini Sauce for a simple, filling dish.
I make Vegan Roasted Vegetables for almost every big family gathering. It’s my signature dish, and even my most staunch omnivore family members love it! It’s hearty enough to be a meal for me and my family, and you can double or even triple the recipe to serve as many people as you need to.
Roasted veggies are perfect for the holiday table, but they’re simple enough to make even on a busy weeknight. Even the sauce is simple—you make it right in your blender!
Yields 6 servings
Vegan Roasted Vegetables with Lemon-Ginger Tahini Sauce
Vegan Roasted Vegetables are a crowd-pleasing plant-based entree or side dish. Smother with plenty of Ginger-Tahini Sauce for a simple, filling dish.
20 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, stemmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2″ piece of fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
For the Roasted Vegetables
For the Lemon-Ginger Tahini Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Combine the Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, and soy sauce in a 9X12″ glass pan, and bake for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Take the pan out, and add the broccoli, stirring to coat it with the oil and soy sauce. Toss in the remaining tablespoon of soy sauce, if the veggies are looking dry. Bake for 20 more minutes, until the broccoli is beginning to brown.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in your blender, and puree until completely smooth.
- Dish up the roasted vegetables and serve topped with the Ginger-Tahini Sauce.
Make the Roasted Vegetables
Make the Lemon-Ginger Tahini Sauce
Related at Care2
All images by Becky Striepe.